Sunday, June 21, 2009

Men's Weekend at Malibu...we are workcrew!

Julio, Kalyn, and Rachael went up with me to Malibu to serve on workcrew fro Men's Weekend. Bill Paige was the speaker for the weekend and if you know Bill, then say to your neighbor, "Neighbor, Bill Paige is an amazing speaker!" :) We left Seattle at 2am drove up to the border and sat in the ferry line for an hour...We made it in great time! I haven't made it through that easy I don't think ever! So we sat in the car singing Beyounce and laughing at anything...probably from the lack of sleep!
We made it on the ferry! Yippee! I was told by my friend, Becky Lahna, that you can see Orcha sometimes off the ferry, so everytime I ride this ferry I stand looking for whales off the bow. The sun was rising and it just didn't feel like morning yet...but it was beautiful and the air was sooo refreshing! Julio stood with me for awhile then Uncle Chuck came to talk with us. We have no idea who this man is but we chatted for awhile then we all got cold and went to find the girls.

The girls had run to find breakfast last minute and I loaded the car on hoping that they made it on...They did! I worried but should have known they would make it :) I'm just glad they made it and are smiling! :)
We got to Egmont about 9:30 and I jumped in with Erik and new guy Alex to help load the Princess with luggage :) It was fun and I met two new friends, while Kalyn and Rachael took a little nap...I just can't sleep on this trip...I get way too excited! :)
Below is a picture of the girls napping on the 3 hour Princess ride up to Malibu....I was on deck the whole time...looking at the sea kayaking route, campsites and watching for Mt. Churchhill :)
Jen, Kalyn, and Rachael on top deck with Mt. Zion in the background :) We can Malibu from the Queens Reach :)

We are almost at Patrick's Point... :)
The weekend was so filled with work and fun that I totally forgot my camera everyday from here on...but we got to unload the Princess :) I had some huge bruises...I have only heard stories...but now I had the brusies to prove how brutal it is...then I ran to the inner dock and hauled freight. It was so fun to talk trash to the guys that thought they could carry a lot and even show them up occasionally. :) Yeah! Kirk! :)
Then Rachael, Kalyn, Kimber and I found out we were with Linda in the Linen Nook :) I love the Linen Nook :) We cleaned the restrooms, made bed packs, washed the table clothes and then weeded the beds on the way to Hamburger Point with Emily Mydynski :) It was a great weekend to be outside! Then with our freetime we helped set the dining hall for the next meal, which was fun to refill coffee and dance with the kitchen crew :) Good Times! :)
I learned so much more about Malibu meet the orginal Yacht Hostess' duaghter, who is now the Yacht Hostess for Malibu.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

J-Mill, I love and miss you tons! I hope all is well.. be blessed and keep serving the Lord! Hugs!